NYLON CF (FDM)
Fast, Strong & Durable yet Economical
A TOUGH FDM MATERIAL
Nylon CF (FDM) is constructed layer by layer from molten Nylon CF composite. Support materials are required for overhang regions in this process. Nylon CF (FDM) is reinforced with chopped carbon fiber to improve stiffness in the material. Nylon CF (FDM) possesses a better alternative to ABS Plastic for mid sized, basic geometric prototypes. Nylon CF (FDM) also gives off a better surface appearance as compared to standard FDM 3D Printing process.
Nylon CF (FDM) is suitable for economical options with less complex geometric parts with good mechanical and thermal properties. Nylon CF (FDM) is extremely suitable for outdoor applications and recommended for small quantity production. Nylon CF (FDM) is commonly used for tools, jigs, fixtures, plastic housings and simple geometric prototypes.
- Standard Lead Time: Ship in about 2-4 business days
- Expedited Lead Time: Ship in about 1-2 business days
- Build Size: 315L x 130W x 150H (mm)
- Minimum Wall Thickness: 1mm (may vary)
- Minimum Detail: 0.5 mm
- Estimated Accuracy: +/- 0.2-0.3 mm typically (0.3% of longest side)
- Colour: Black
- Produce Functional Part
- Good Mechanical Properties
- Good Thermal Resistance
- Fast and Economical for Single-part production
- Good complimentary to Functional Nylon
(MJF) & more superior than ABS plastic
NOT SURE WHICH MATERIAL TO USE?
Let us make things simple for you.
DESIGN FOR FDM NYLON CF
Minimum Wall Thickness
We recommend the following minimum wall thickness:
- 1.5 mm (For Parts smaller than 10cm)
- 2 mm (For Parts between 10cm-20cm)
- 3 mm (For Parts larger than 20cm)
Parts with Sufficient wall thickness is crucial to ensure successful print.
Embossed and Engraved Details
For Embossed Details: Recommended minimum thickness of 0.5mm and height of 0.5mm
For Engraved Details: Recommended minimum thickness of 0.5mm and depth of 0.5mm
Clearance for Fitting
It is very important to allow clearance between the space of 2 objects, so as to give a freedom of movement between the gap. We recommend:
- Nylon CF material: 0.2mm (tight fit), 0.3mm (standard fit) and 0.5mm (loose fit)
You are advise to test out several iterations if you wish to attain a perfect fit.
One benefit of FDM process is that it allows production in various infill setting without additional design intervention. Parts will be hollowed using honeycomb structure, which will reinforced the hollowed structure. Resulting in high strength to weight ratio. You may select from our available infill settings:
- 15% – lightweight, low strength
- 35% – lightweight, good strength
- 100% – high density, max strength
FDM Nylon CF has the lowest risks of warpage out of all Nylon 3D Printing process. Still, it is always a good practice to avoid, large flat planes, sharp corners and consider adding ribs as reinforcement to reduce warpage.
Avoid Multiple Parts in a single file
Uploading multiple parts within a file may cause unnecessary delay in your order due to processing issues. Simply upload each part file separately for a smooth transaction.