TRANSPARENT PLASTIC (SLA)
Rigid & Best Clarity
TRANSPARENT SLA MATERIAL
Transparent Plastic (SLA) is constructed from UV-sensitive liquid resin hardened through curing by strong lasers. Transparent Plastic (SLA) achieves one of the best transparent finishes in 3D Printing. In addition, transparent coating is applied during post processing to attain and preserve a higher clarity. Thicker walls will appear more translucent, and with a slightly bluish tint.
As transparent Plastic (SLA) achieves one of the best transparent finishes in 3D Printing, it is highly recommended for any plastic prototypes that replicate transparent finishes. This material is commonly used for transparent housing, bottle, perfumes, headlight casing and water flow channel prototypes.
Translucent option is also available by toggling frosted finishing. Alternatively, opt for a light coat of transparent coating for accuracy. Transparent coating may add 0.3mm surface thickness.
- Standard Lead Time: Ship in about 4-7 business days
- Expedited Lead Time: Ship in about 2-3 business days
- Build Size: 450L x 350W x 450H (mm)
- Minimum Wall Thickness: 1mm (may vary)
- Minimum Detail: 0.5 mm
- Estimated Accuracy: +/-0.2-0.3mm typically (0.3% of longest side)
- Transparent Coating may add 0.3mm layer thickness
- High degree of clarity
- Smooth Surface
- Close to injection molded parts appearance
- Rigid Plastic
- Suitable for “See Through” application
NOT SURE WHICH MATERIAL TO USE?
Let us make things simple for you.
DESIGN FOR SLA TRANSPARENT PLASTIC
Minimum Wall Thickness
We recommend the following minimum wall thickness:
- 1 mm (For parts smaller than 10 cm)
- 2 mm (For parts between 10 cm to 20 cm)
- 3 mm (For parts larger than 20 cm)
Parts with Sufficient wall thickness is crucial to ensure successful print.
Embossed and Engraved Details
For Embossed Details: Recommended minimum thickness of 0.6mm and height of 0.6mm
For Engraved Details: Recommended minimum thickness of 0.6mm and depth of 0.6mm
Clearance for Fitting
It is very important to allow clearance between the space of 2 objects, so as to give a freedom of movement between the gap. We recommend:
- Transparent: 0.5 mm (tight fit), 0.6 mm (standard fit) and 0.7 mm (loose fit)
- For Translucent or light transparent coat finishing: 0.15 mm (tight fit), 0.25 mm (standard fit) and 0.4 mm (loose fit).
You are advised to test out several iterations to attain a perfect fit.
Hollowing of transparent material is not recommended as the internal cavity will be impossible to post processed but still visible from the outside. Thus, you would expect an untidy and messy end product aesthetically. In the event, you still need to hollow out your transparent parts, an escape hole of 4 mm is recommended
For models with large flat unsupported planes, there is a risk of warpage. To prevent this, consider adding ribs as reinforcement to combat this issue.
Avoid Multiple Parts in a single file
Uploading multiple parts within a file may cause unnecessary delay in your order due to processing issues. Simply upload each part file separately for a smooth transaction.